Saturday, October 3, 2009

Marvel: The Road to Civil War




I haven’t really read too many comic books in my time, mainly just the newspaper and a few pages out of a book. One comic that really caught my eye was one of the Marvel comics called “The Road to Civil War.” I liked how all the panels are usually not consistent on every page. For example, some might be a long panoramic panel, others just normal rectangles, and some are long skinny portrait panels. I also enjoyed the use of the “white space,” through out the comic. Sometimes they used black “white space,” when it was a night or dark scene. It really gave me a sense of being there. I thought that the use of their text was really effective as well. When Iron man would speak he had a red hue, analog robot like text. And the others used just a normal shorthand serif like text. I noticed that on occasions that the text would turn italic to show a little more emphasis when someone was speaking. I think that seeing some of these techniques will really help me with my ideas in designing my own comic.




No comments:

Post a Comment