Saturday, October 3, 2009

my comic? what comic?

Over the last couple of days I have just been kind of brainstorming on ideas I want my comic to be about. Like what characters I want, the scenery, and the storyline. On Friday I decided that I wanted to do a comic about the goldfish, and the character I am Sam from Dr. Seuss. I think that they basic storyline will be them living in an apartment together trying to get through normal day challenges.

Recently I have been practicing my drawing on the characters with different facial expressions, gestures, and body language. Once I feel comfortable being able to draw those I’ll move on to the scenery they will be engaging in. I defiantly like to work on a large workspace where I can spread everything out and listen to music. Things that distract me can be just about anything. I can usually stay focused on something for quite a while, but my concentration can be broken easily with a text message or my roommates or facebook. I kind of like to have my concentration broken up though because if I’m too focused on something I can get frustrated pretty fast and then I just want to give up.

I think to be able to complete this comic I need to stay focused on checkpoints like finish these panels by a certain time, and keep the storyline moving so I don’t get bored. I really enjoy what I’m doing in this class so it gives me that extra push to keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment