Tuesday, January 13, 2009

scratch assignment



This is my first assignment for my Digital Media Class. The idea was to use flat colors to create an image. When i was thinking about what to do for my assignment, i saw a commercial for an Apple  iPod, i was really inspired by the way they used the flat color technique. Using a picture I took of a snowboarder on Mt. Ashland, I cropped him out from the background of the ski run, then cropped out his snowboard and filled in both images with flat black and white. I then later took bright contrasting color and filled in the background to really make the snowboarder stand out. I wasn't very satisfied with just one bright image, so i decided to use multiple bright colors and post them together.

2 comments:

  1. Besides being well-done, this is also funny (in a good way).

    I think it's interesting that you chose variations on the subtractive primaries (magenta, cyan, and yellow) and one of the additive primaries (green). Works well together.

    Might want to discuss how you cropped your snowboarding friend. It worked well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget to blog about visual things you find striking (like ipod commercials, for instance).

    ReplyDelete