Saturday, January 31, 2009

Collage/Photo Montage


This is a collage of the band the Foo Fighters. This is my all time favorite band. With they're riffs, bridges and lyrics their sound is truly individual and really stands out. When i first saw the objective for this assignment i knew exactly what i wanted to do for this project. I took the majority of the photos from google, and a few from their myspace. Overall i used about 93 layers consisting of the pictures, texts, and shadowing effects. I really enjoyed doing this project from start to finish. I had an idea in my head of what it would look like and when i was finished it was better than i had imagine it would be.

2 comments:

  1. I think the darkened areas behind the text (gradient? huge drop shadow?) work well.

    It might be interesting to mix in some quotes from Sun Tzu or even Chinese characters since that's one source of the band's inspiration (if I've got the right band).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also think that going with black and white images, instead of mixing in color, was a good decision with this.

    ReplyDelete