Saturday, January 31, 2009

Picturing the "other"



This is Kirk Albachten. He is a senior at North Medford High School. I met him through myspace when he asked if i could shoot him for his senior pictures. He really liked some of the stuff that was on my profile so he wanted me to be his photographer. Kirk is really into playing the trumpet for his high school's wind ensemble and jazz band. I wanted to be able to use some of that talent of his in his pictures. I thought over all the shoot went great and i learned alot about him just through taking pictures.



1 comment:

  1. I think the lighting in this works especially well. I also like how the bell of the trumpet and the grass in the background are not in sharp focus. This helps create a sense of depth in the photo.

    Nice composition, too. My eye hist the trumpet bell first (because of the strong dark/light contrast), then rapidly moves up to and lingers on the face.

    ReplyDelete